The Meeting “First International MEDLIT Conference”
Palace of the Golden Horses (Hotel),
Kuala Lumpur 05.03 – 06.03. 2018
The first International MEDLIT (Media Literacy) Conference 2018 (ICMEDLIT2018) was organized by Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK) in order to disseminate the MEDLIT research findings, introducing MEDLIT MOOC and Media Literacy topics and concept to the public locally and internationally. ICMEDLIT2018 also promoted the newly founded Media Literacy Network Association.
|UniVie||3 Participants||Fritz Hausjell, Thomas A. Bauer, Fiona Slapota|
|OUNL||1 Participant||Christian M. Stracke|
|CU||4 Participants||Jirayudh Sinthuphan, Wilairuck Suntikul, Salaithip Jaruphum, Metha Sereethanawong|
|SWU||3 Participants||Thanakorn Thongprayoon, Krich Rajprasit, Wachirapong Yaemtui|
|UMK (Host Institution)||3 Participants||Ibrahim Che Omar, Suria Baba, Nik Maheran Nik Muhammad|
|UPM||3 Participants||Ezhar Tamam, Suria Binti Mohamed Salleh, Rosa Izyanie Shamshudeen|
|AJC||3 Participants||Vu Thanh Van, Nguyen Thi Van Trang, Nguyen Thi Truong Giang|
|USSH||3 Participants||Huynh Minh Tuan, Huynh Van Thong, Vo Van Sen|
According to the Work Package Lead’s and the project’s overall plan, the goals of the conference were:
- To present, showcase and share the success and impact of the MEDLIT project with stakeholders and international researchers,
- To introduce and promote the developed MOOCs as one of the most timely and effective blended teaching and learning platforms to the general public in the area of media literacy ,
- To be a platform to bring together students, faculty members, government agencies and media practicioners locally and internationally to share their views and knowledge on Media Literacy.
During and after the conference the following general outcomes could be secured:
- Exchange of different views on Media Literacy in a local and international framework,
- Networking between academics and non-academics such as stakeholders in the field,
- Public awareness, as the organizers were able to invite the Minister of the Sarawak Chief Minister’s Department (Integrity and Ombudsman) YB Datuk Talip Zulpilip and the Deputy Minister of Higher Education Malaysia YB Datuk Dr Mary Yap Kain Ching to give a speech at the event.
The Conference led to the following results:
- 105 submitted abstracts (keynote speakers, oral presentation, poster presentation and MOOC competition),
- 500 attending guests.
For detailed documentation of the First International MEDLIT Conference please go to:
DHUB (as this section is for MEDLIT members only, please login with your access data) > Downloads > 07_Documents according to Work Package Structure > 7 DEVELOPMENT – MLC Constitution > 7.3 First Network Conference